Server PR: Advertising

Your forum to discuss anything The Rebirth related matters.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: Server PR: Advertising

Postby hammered » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:49 pm

How different is increasing the online players cap (which happened not that long ago, from 1k to 2k afair) to, let's say, opening a new realm on the same realmlist and all? I lack the knowledge, so shred some light if you know.

I am probably the last one expected to say it, but I do agree that in nowadays on the wow scene it's all about the hype train, timing and... opening a fresh new realm so all the noobs can feel like they have the chance to be "dem l33t top 10" of you choose it (guild/class/trolleague).

So, best case scenario you get your current players (minus some percent of people who are already tired of leveling new characters over and over again or grinding their rank in the current underpopulated state) to join a new realm because they play here mainly because of the community (rightso?). Then (as said - best case) you get word spread out, get people hyped, put some e.t.a. message on front page, reddit etc. You promise gradual release, events, the real deal, blah blah. You get some peeps to shook back old guildsites, contacts and so on, you promise cross-realm battlegrounds in a few months (rebirth months, we all know what we mean by that) so that pvp-ers from the old realm are not completely and utterly screwed... You pray for the hype train to hit the station.

Worst case scenario - you close this bullshit new realm in 1 month when you see it has 5 people online peaks.

my2cents.
btw, i might be poping online these days, so check your ignore lists if i've slipped out of them for some reason.
Kainnee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Kainnee » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm all for a second realm (if we can bring up the funds) or even a fresh restart (even if that means that I loose my 11 characters on Rebirth + hundreds of days of /played time). But only when all content is released and polished to the Devs best abilities.

Doing a restart now would be pointless in my opinion. We might be able to attract a couple hundred players but we wouldn't be able to dethrone the big K. In a couple of months - maybe a year - we'd be back to where we are now because after the initial hype the sheep flock to the biggest herd again (remember half a year ago?). What then? Restart again? Doing some kind of ladder where you restart every year for a new "season" so all the kool kids can compare their e-peen again by trying to be the best in clearing 10 year old content? This game is mostly about the community now. But people are stupid and don't realise that they themselfes are the community. I hear new players say that they feel the "gap" between new and old players is too big here, that it takes to long to catch up. If 1000 new people would start to play here the couple dozens decked out veterans wouldn't matter much. But Ragnaros is already killed, Nefarian slain and C'thuns Eye poked out. New people feel that they can't compete for these "achievements" anymore so they don't even consider starting here. The irony is that 90% of them wouldn't even be able to "compete" for these "goals" because they lack the skill, the commitment or simply the time to do so.

It's not the servers that are the problem here, it's us, the community. A couple years back a friend from the first p-server I played on told me he would quit the WoW private server community for good after several years on different realms. Because the private WoW server community was "cancerous". I didn't know what he meant back then, I do know now. The reason I still play on Rebirth is that I don't have to deal with most of the retards here.
aka Zerkee on Horde.
drzoidberg
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby drzoidberg » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:22 am

I made a post on reddit:

everyone go comment and upvote it!
SpectraQWERTY
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby SpectraQWERTY » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:53 pm

Why dont we advertise with this? Why dont we put this The Rebirth Youtube official channel to be viewable by the people visiting the website? Couldnt you just remove the "wareffort" section and put "The Rebirth videos" section with links leading to youtube, and maybe even showcasing a small video? It's damn hard to even access the rebirth youtube channel, if people try to type it in, they will get a random page of song artist's or band's named like that, and will not see our server? Lets FIX SOME STUFF AND GET VISIBILITY! LINKS BELOW!

"Moon shines upon the guilty, and the innocent alike."
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:44 pm

Nickje, the hunting cow

, do check it out!

Return to “General”