Server PR: Advertising

Your forum to discuss anything The Rebirth related matters.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Server PR: Advertising

Postby Judgement » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:12 pm

How to market 101

While Rebirth remains as one of the most dedicated and accurate 1.12 servers out there, we face population issue that I feel is due to the marketing itself. It is more and more evident when one is going around the web and finding people have not heard of Rebirth at all, or when they have they've been only faced with selective bad information or outright lies.

While PR is all fancy, the team is already busy with fixing the game, providing support within it and working overall for the betterment of everyone's experience. As such, and as has always been we've been very reliant on players themselves to do the marketing and spread the word.

I made this post to point out few most likely obvious yet effective ways of spreading information of the server.

1. Twitch streaming. While it's more dangerous now due to new policies, do stream and do watch streams that are about Rebirth as more viewers means more visibility.
2. Make videos. Rebirth has a Youtube channel where we can list up your videos for a common ground but those videos need to be made. Showcase good scripts, funny moments, PvP madness and anything that's appealing in them and some views are guaranteed.
3. Comment on Twitch and Youtube videos. Do not be disrespectful, but point out Rebirth exists and be prepared to provide accurate information (even the negatives, honesty is key and no server is perfect) when inquired further or challenged with an argument.
4. Vote on links provided in some threads within these forums, while it seems it's not most effective way, people do go for votesites to see which realm has most traction.
5. Take part in communities that allow private server discussions and whenever vanilla realms are asked, mention Rebirth, explain it's mandate and defend the position against trolls of the other servers.

Do nots.
1. Don't be disrespectful, it is not worthwhile.
2. Don't shove it in the face when thread, video or comment you're replying to doesn't warrant such.
Series
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Re: Server PR: Advertising

Postby Series » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:57 am

Thanks for posting. I will continue to post all over reddit about Rebirth - that's how I found this place & its free and easy

As new players start filtering in, which they have been, we also need to be friendly to these people. I've noticed lately that the Battlegrounds have not been new-player-friendly (one side of the server in particular).

We might need to start gearing down in BGs, or providing some alternative for these folks who have recently hit 60 and want to play, but are drastically outmatched/outgeared. It's something to think about if you're in a leadership position here on Rebirth
Gregor
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Gregor » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:32 am

I was considering making a separate topic for this but I'll put it here for now.

AQ is coming! More specifically: The War Effort!

I thought it'd not be a bad idea to make a point of advertising The War Effort itself, & start getting the word out now. My reasons are that the opening of AQ's gates was one of the 1st real large scale in-game events, players took part in it in a big way, there's probably a good chunk of people out there who want to experience who didn't get to in retail, and players new to the server have just about enough time to level a toon to 60 before The War Effort starts or the gates themselves open allowing them to participate in some way. Additionally, while leveling they will get a sense of the scripting & possibly be more convinced of the AQ event actually being able to function on a private server.

Now, I don't know the most effective way of advertising(probably a video) or where to do it, but I thought it'd be a really good opportunity for The Rebirth to stand-out among the other Vanilla servers.
aka Spookypants, aka the spookiest rogue on Rebirth
Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Wyke » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:56 am

First off you dont need to be 60 to take part in the war effort, most of the items required are from much lower level mobs.

Secondly we started the video competition for exactly this reason, to try and get the server more visibility.

Feel free to offer new idea's, make a video or contribute towards advertising in any way you can.
Absint

Postby Absint » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Just a lil' idea i was toying around with...
Hype AQ release, by setting a release date with a countdown(days/hours/minutes/seconds) / title on the rebirth's main page (under the buttons facebook/forum/reddit/etc)..

greets,

le Absint
Enthrall
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Enthrall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:48 pm

Minx
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Minx » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Put a counter of gathered/needed stuff on the homepage if war effort is released. :mix:
Jimjam
Voice of King Gordok

Postby Jimjam » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:41 pm

I think Absint was saying the release of War Effort and AQ quests should be hyped... but your other suggestions are good too. A counter for gathered materials would be quite helpful.
Castles

Postby Castles » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Anyone who looks up Kronos hashtags on twitter will see nothing but Rebirth!

Race: Orc
Class: Arms Warrior
Currently: Raiding with <Hate>
hammered
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Postby hammered » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:25 pm

/facepalm
#thatisnottheway

Return to “General”