The Final Countdown

Your forum to discuss anything The Rebirth related matters.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Wyke
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

The Final Countdown

Postby Wyke » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Been thinking about the final time here, and I am thinking that Rebirth should go out with a bang, not with a whimper.

So how about the community closes the realm. We use the remaining time to Advertise the last day everywhere and invite anyone to log in that has already got an account. And hopefully DDOS rebirth to DDeath as a final act of closure. Show how strong this community has been over the years. Several weeks to hype this on reddit and get as many old rebirth players as possible to log in for one last world pvp day or some other insane event.

Put a countdown timer on the front page.

Use reddit and facebook groups and promote the event and encourage everyone you know to attend. Wouldnt it be great to close rebirth with a record population online, I think its currently around 1700ish maybe more.

Use the datatbase to mailshot EVERY person that ever madea an account 7 days in advance and then a reminder the day before.

Over the years there have been hundreds of thousands of accounts, and while not everyone plays they probably still have a special little place in their head for wow and rebirth

Just a suggestion to those still running things, I dont want to log in my play account to post as I would think exactly this if I was still on the staff. But its not me doing the work so I can only ask. If this idea is taken up I will promote it on reddit gladly and on other realms I play, even if I get account suspensions/bans.

Rebirth should go down with honor and dignity, and massive thanks to Muggle the coders and all the other volunteers over the years.
Twobutton
Voice of Amnennar the Coldbringer

Re: The Final Countdown

Postby Twobutton » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:59 am

Sounds like fun and i would join it but i think it would be very hard to achieve sadly, we haven't even managed to get 10 people on for PvP before it closes :(
Stormbringer
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:09 am

Already planed to be online for the final hours and I will invite all former members of our (small) guild.

Would it be possible to have some final cataclysmic event on the last day,
like the world gets overrun by murloc / undead / elite dragons / demons?
Zazzerpan
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Zazzerpan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:46 pm

I'm all for it. :thumbsup:
Shamone
Voice of Hogger

Postby Shamone » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:05 am

I absolutely plan on being online the last couple days. Hopefully work won't get in the way. I may just be one character, but that means one more participant queing for BGs or whatever fun we decide to do. I'd love me some WPvP if we end up having a large turnout.

I will do my part and ask my friends to log in.

~Wuzzle
Nanokie
Voice of Hogger

Postby Nanokie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:28 pm

I'll pass this along! I have a few people from rebirth in my guild on Kronos =) ally! (I'll tell the rebirth folks on horde side of Kronos as well ha.)
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

ok, I do remember posting a link in this topic a few days back, but now it seems to be removed. Can the person who removed it just reply to me directly instead of just ignoring my emails and deleting my posts? Thank you. If you read this, you can delete this post too then.
Nickje, the hunting cow

, do check it out!
kawklee
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby kawklee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Imbz
Voice of Hogger

Postby Imbz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Would be cool if all players got max gear (both pvp and pve gear) and stuff for the last week/days to roam around, and max level on login or something. That could be a very cool final event. :lol5:

Return to “General”