We are now accepting Transfers to PrimalWoW/TrueWoW!

Your forum to discuss anything The Rebirth related matters.

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster

Nyeriah
Voice of Hogger

Re: We are now accepting Transfers to PrimalWoW/TrueWoW!

Postby Nyeriah » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:28 pm

XaosWoW was one of the servers GammingConsortium originated from. GC later merged into TrueWoW, but that was eons ago. GammingConsortium has never performed any database wipes, and ever since it was merged into TrueWoW, no database wipes of any sorts were performed either. It's something that isn't quite in our plans and should never happen at all.
Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I'll try out the transfer as soon as I have time!
Nickje, the hunting cow

, do check it out!
night
Voice of Hogger

Postby night » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Jiranthos
Voice of Hogger

Postby Jiranthos » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:52 pm

SpectraQWERTY
Voice of Scarlet Commander Mograine

Postby SpectraQWERTY » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:19 pm

Very glad ur doing this, but i also see no point into xfering to a wotlk client vanilla server wich is gonna hit TBC in 6 months (right? ) and than continue to wotlk. I already leveled a char on ur realm from 1-60 and named it after my main, and it was almost as much fun as twinking on warmane. Hot damn, druid or warrior soloing 5 mans at lvl ~20 was absurd fun, but once i got to 60 there was nothing to do. The server has 3 hard farmed up guilds and 1 beggining one. The hard farming guilds would just gimme free loot like it happened on TR and i dont want that expirience again, while the beggining guild barely forms 20 mans and than takes 4 hours to do it, when it can be done in 2 ( only a couple of 2 hour clears happened and only when i was tanking them). Will be on Zeth'Kur till Kronos, Muggles or Elysium changes opinions about xfer / Shutting down server ( yea i was too lazy to write 3 sentances and just combined it all :D )

TLDR - Negatives : Wrath Client > vanilla progressing into TBC and wrath very soon. i already have a warmane toon to "enjoy" the wrath content and if i cant stay on a full pledged TBC Or vanilla project there is no point in even partaking in it.
Positives - Prot warrior - nuff said

- Your most playfull, Maisha
"Moon shines upon the guilty, and the innocent alike."
night
Voice of Hogger

Postby night » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:06 pm

It will be a full fledged BC project for 2+ years.

Also there is this irritating chicken and egg problem with people that complain about the population, etc., but then don't stay long enough to be part of the remedy. If you want better guild options, stay and make/work to build one.
If only a fraction of the people that have come to Primal in the last 1.5 years had not bailed because of "low pop" had instead stayed and waited it out we'd have 500ppl on every day. And I believe in this world of private servers you are either going to be in the hundreds or multiple thousands. IMO, 5-700 is the sweet spot to have a busy community *and* not have cesspool of idiots.
Retocyn
Voice of Mekgineer Thermaplugg

Postby Retocyn » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Shanazon
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Shanazon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:28 pm

We were used to low pop @ Rebirth. Many people stayed despite the low population. What we lack in numbers we make up for in kindness and fervor if we like what we see.
night
Voice of Hogger

Postby night » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Shanazon
Voice of Princess Theradras

Postby Shanazon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Well you guys are certainly making good on bridging that gap to make it easier for 1.12 players to say 'yes' to an xfer. You listen to your community as well, so that's another big positive influence. I'm fairly excited to see who else comes over!

Return to “General”