Source code

Moderators: Admin, Gamemaster, Developer

Muggle
Admin
Admin

Source code

Postby Muggle » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Dear ex-Rebirthers and friends of The Rebirth :jump:

we promised it and better late than never here we go. The source code of The Rebirth is available for you.

We hope you can find something useful for your private server or just fire up your local server and reminisce about the good old times.

We wish you all the best, stay healthy and happy.

Love,
Muggle
Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Re: Source code

Postby Judgement » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Swell
Omicron
Voice of Archmage Arugal

Postby Omicron » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:05 am

Thank you for this contribution, this will benefit multiple private servers in the future.

Your actions are much more in line with the private server scene of the 2000s, in other words, more oriented towards the benefit of emulation of the game rather than personal gain and greed. If only more servers would follow this course of action, we would be significantly closer to a 100% Blizzlike server. This will stand out as a bright moment in emulation history against than the cesspool that currently characterizes it as of the past few years.
aresbrutus
Voice of Hogger

Postby aresbrutus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:16 am

Although I never played on The Rebirth, This is a great decision on your side that demands respect from the private server community(Which they seem to lack as of late).

There was one thing I wanted to request and I hope I am not going way too offtopic when I ask this. I have heard that you guys might have a digital version of the World of Warcraft Bestiary. If this is indeed true, would you mind uploading and sharing it?

Even though Classic is coming and most of us are hyped to play that, private servers projects are still continuing, especially TBC/WOTLK projects as Classic might just stay vanilla only. And the Bestiary would surely help those projects(I am working for one project).

Thanks again for making the source public.
Judgement
Gamemaster
Gamemaster

Postby Judgement » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:25 am

Muggle
Admin
Admin

Postby Muggle » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:15 am

aresbrutus
Voice of Hogger

Postby aresbrutus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Nick
Voice of Baron Rivendare

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:33 pm

I'm very happy to see this, I was always believing that the code would be uploaded at some point. Although last few months I was losing hope a bit since it has been more than a year ago since the server closed. Promising things is easy but living up to them is not so I'm very proud of the rebirth staff. If every private server would devote their resources to development and open access rather than short term advertisements and profit as much as you have, blizz would have been screwed with their classic servers. Unfortunately this is not the case and they will probably continue harvesting money from WoW. People who have played the game since 2004 have already paid more than 2000 euro but I guess that's not enough...

So, I have delayed this part for more than a year because I first wanted to see the code uploaded, but now we can close off the rebirth story with a happy end.

Thank you muggle, devs, wyke, judgement, fallenseraph and all horde players (and of course the allies for functioning as target practise ;) ) of the rebirth for the great times we had, and the legacy we have made, both as memories and as source code for the private server community!

The best of luck to you all!
Nickje
Nickje, the hunting cow

, do check it out!
Muggle
Admin
Admin

Postby Muggle » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm

aresbrutus
Voice of Hogger